Fire Prevention & Inspection
The Hesston Fire Marshal, Misti Uhlman, conducts fire prevention inspections for all of the businesses within the City limits.
The following list are some of the items that the Fire Marshal will look for during an inspection.
This is not an all inclusive list.
- Accumulation of rubbish, trash, paper or boxes
- Electrical covers missing, circuit breakers taped in the on position
- Emergency lighting missing or inoperable
- Exits locked, blocked, or obstructed
- Fire Extinguishers blocked
- Fire Extinguishers serviced annually
- Exhaust hood and duct system greasy or filters missing
- Storage of combustibles too close to sprinkler heads