Parks and Recreation
Build, maintain and enhance sustainable parks and facilities which promote healthy lifestyle choices and enhance the quality of life for all Hesston citizens.
Golf Park: 520 Yost Dr One of the premier 18 hole golf courses in the region. Far from your typical municipal daily-fee golf experience. Offering immaculate playing conditions, GPS equipped golf carts, a full-service golf shop, many food options, a practice facility equipped with an Indoor Learning Center and V1 Swing Analysis Software. This course is immaculate and stands above the rest. Find out more at HesstonGolf.com. View course layout.
King Park: 500 N Ridge Rd This is our largest city park other than the municipal golf course. It is located on the Southeast corner of the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Ridge Road and features a large enclosed shelter house, several open shelters, many different outdoor grills, and lots of play equipment for different ages. Parking for 37 automobiles (2 handicap).
Find out more information to rent the enclosed shelter house.
- Spray Pad: Located South of the enclosed shelter house. This spray pad is full of low impact spray water features for children of ages 5-12. Open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm during the summer starting Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend. Touch the sunflower to activate water spray.
- Skate Park: Located South of the enclosed shelter house. An intermediate skate park for ages 5-12... and beyond!
See Skate Park for more information.
- Volleyball Court: Located on the East side of the enclosed shelter house. Features a lighted sand court.
- Pickleball Court: Sign up for the Pickleball Court here.
- Volleyball Court: Located on the East side of the enclosed shelter house.
- Basketball Court: Small Court located on the South side of Children's Park
Hickory Park: 400 E Hickory St Located on the northeast corner of the intersection of South Ridge Road and East Hickory Street. It features an open shelter, outdoor grill, and play area.
- Basketball Court: Small Court with 2 hoops
Dog Park: 505 W Lincoln Blvd Located on the East side of the city maintenance shop across from the City Cemetery. It features two separate areas for large and small dogs to run and play, complete with agility course equipment.
Interstate Park: 9226 N Ridge Rd This park lies on the East side of I-135 between Lincoln Blvd. and Ridge Road. It must be accessed on the gravel entrance road just North of the overpass over the interstate on Ridge Road. It features a rustic picnic setting.
- Archery Range: With 10 targets ranging from 10 to 60 yards
(the only legal place to shoot a bow & arrow in Hesston)
- 9 Hole Disc Golf Course: Mach 3 baskets, Deluxe color tee signs at each hole, and a balance of short and long holes
- Fishing Pond: Pond stocking is managed through an agreement with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism (KDWPT).